Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Starting a Small Business

If you have empty plastic bottles you should hold on to them. I'm starting little venture out of our house. Out of our basement to be speficic.

Because, although hope springs eternal, our basement eternally springs. Matt's Spring Water is officially open for business.

Ahh yes, hope springs. Like "I hope this vaccuum goes out of control and sucks this house down on top of me" or "I really hope that's a sleeping bag I see stowed on the floor over there in the corner" or even "Oh good! I was hoping the carpeted room would get a good deep cleaning." Hope.

I thought basements were good places to store things. Seasonal things. Seldom used things. Things that might, yet again, be of value some time down the road. Our basement is currently storing two types of things:

1. Water
2. Things that's shouldn't be sitting in water

I don't much like Tom Hanks. I mostly think he is annoying. But he serves as a good example through his role he played in "The Money Pit." The problem with the money pit comparison is that our money would be getting laundered in the deep, wet, fungus infested bowels of our home. Plus we don't have a spiral staircase.

If Noah saw our basement he would say "daaamn, that's a lot of water." I know it is, Noah, now get a bucket.

So if you've ever had a wet rug or carpet you know it doesn't take long to have that smell. I cleaned it up, put some fans down, and waited. Then I went to the internets to find out the best way to get rid of the smell (until we pull up the carpet in the spring).

Internet: Baking Soda.

Me: Baking Soda?

Internet: [staring at me like how dare you question google]

Me: Baking Soda it is

Here's the deal. Water is sneaky. The carpet looked dry. It seemed dry. So I put down 2 big containers of the ole Arm n Hammer. Nothing but the best.

The result? All the mess but none of the effect of 90% of 6th grade science projects. My rich red carpet was 3 tone: red, mush, and white powder. It was a new style I call "who the hell let Gary Busey in my basement?!"

No comments: