Saturday, March 27, 2010

MSU vs TN

Somehow, someway, these Spartans come up with shots, stops, plays, whatever it takes to win.

Forget that they can't finish a 3 on 1 breakaway.

Forget that their free throw shooting is mediocre at best.

Forget that no one is healthy enough to play at 100%.

Its March. Beware the Izzo's of March. Early April, too, if you please.


I do not like Bruce Pearl. I do not like Mike Kryzekiskeksssceeeiiski either. However, I respect what coach k has done. I do not respect Bruce Pearl. I think he, like Steve Alford, is a loser. In fact, I think Pearl is a hybrid of every bad coaching quality I can think of.

I watched earlier this year, during a preseason tournament, when the Vols played Purdue. I have a strong dislike for coaches that cannot control themselves and end up talking trash to players. Grow up. I don't want to hear about competitiveness or any of that crap. You don't trash talk 18-20 year olds if you are a grown man. If you can't be above that you have no business coaching. In fact, I don't really know what you are qualified to do for a living with that skill set. It likely involves scooping food at prison cafeterias.

Also, Bruce Pearl is greasy. I have no doubt he sits in living rooms talking trash about other coaches and programs. I would not be surprised in the least to find out he lies, cheats, or does whatever it takes to keep players eligible. The funny part? He turned in his own program in the past. I can't say for sure. He just gives that feel.

Finally, he has Steve Fisher type coaching skills. Those being: 1. recruit, 2. sit and watch, 3. sweat. Korie Lucious has been described as having "a little playground" to his game. Imagine 5 players on the floor at once with "a lot of playground." Think the fab five. No doubt skilled. Coached? Less likely. Just as likely to come out and drop 50 in a half on 15 3's as they are to jack up 50 shots and make 2. Beat Kentucky and lose to Georgia. Sneak past DePaul.

No doubt they have length and talent. Scariest of all, their length can put it on the floor. They trap and are athletic. Even at full strength this team would give MSU fits. Without lucas this is a tough, tough draw. The hope has to be that Raymar takes care of the ball, Allen is healthier, and Tenn is cold from the floor.

My best guess:

MSU 69
TN 68

No comments: