Tuesday, November 16, 2010

24 Hours of Basketball: MSU v S.Carolina

I haven't looked at the SoCar (same attitude as SoCal, but different) roster yet, but here is my guess: no less than 5 guys between 6'5" and 6'8". Now, you might say, "well yeah!" However, my guess is each one of them is between 190 and 210 lbs. In short, wirey. I expect they will look and play much like the Eastern Michigan player than dropped 33 on MSU last week. That, I'm afraid, could spell trouble.

As I said before, MSU will have trouble guarding the 'tweeners this year. Add in the fact that this team has nothing to lose, coming in unranked and unknown, and considering they will probably shoot at least 40% of their shots from beyond the arc...I just don't like it.

I haven't seen the roster. I'm going to take a quick peak, find some offensive stats from their first game, and come right back.

6'6" 210lb Jr, 6'9" 202lb Fr, 6'9" 210lb Sr, 6'8" 190lb Fr and a few more on the edges of the perameters. Not good. Now for the offense.

Of 66 attempts 16 were from 3. That seems low, but is misleading, since the game was dominated on the interior. In short, there was no need.

I still like MSU, but in a game that gets closer than it should.

Make it:

MSU - 73
SC - 59

No comments: