Thursday, January 27, 2011

MSU v ummmm

I have a good feeling about tonight. Dismissals, garbage play, two straight losses and too much drama aside, I have a good feeling.

Tonight should be a great evaluation tool and an accurate barometer about the rest of the season. Mostly, how do you respond to serious adversity? Everyone is counting you out and calling you out. How do you answer? One of your friends and teammates was dismissed from the team. How focused are you?

Normally, games against meeesh-again, Northwestern and other "shoot as many 3's as possible and play zone" teams worry me. I don't like that a team can shoot 35 threes against Minny, make 8, and look terrible. Then, within a matter of days, could shoot 35 threes again and get lucky, hitting 15, and hang around in a game they have no business winning. Teams do that to MSU more than anyone. Teams shoot the lights out, over defenders, from halfcourt with the shotclock running out against MSU. For some reason that doesn't bother me tonight.

I like MSU to hit 3's, FINALLY get out on the break, and close the game out at the free throw line. I like Nix to play and play well. I like Green to talk plenty of trash and come up with 10 rebounds. I like Roe to score on the inside, perhaps getting that double double he's been working for. Appling will have a tough and long night. I still like him to play beyond his freshman status and frustrate Hardaway and Morris. I like Sherman to have a big play or two, on both offense AND defense.

Make it:

MSU - 70

umm - 61

No comments: